Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Eek! Frogs in the Cauldron -Craft Foam

Last week for the Thursday Tutorial on Fantabulous Cricut , I posted a video by Cathie Rigby. She showed how to cut craft foam (sometimes called fun foam) using your cricut machine. I loved this idea and was looking forward to trying it -I previously tried cutting the craft foam with the adhesive sticky backing, but I couldn't get it to work (believe me I tried many times), so when I purchased this craft foam from Wal-mart I couldn't wait to try it ... again.

I followed the instructions exactly as Cathie described in her video and it worked great!!!!
I did try using small cuts like the frogs and the letters, and discovered that cutting larger shapes like the cauldron do cut much nicer. But as you can see on my card, small cuts can work, they just don't cut as cleanly. Check out the video, I posted it -HERE on FCCB

EEK... Frogs jumping out of the Cauldron
The frogs and cauldron were cut from the Everyday Paper Dolls Cricut cartridge, seriously there are a ton of great shapes on that cartridge, Love it! The letters "EEK!" are from the Alphalicious Cricut cartridge.
I punched the green boiling brew using different shaped punches, then used Stickles on all those bubbles. I hand drew the frogs faces using a fine tip sharpie pen, I think those frogs are a little nervous... well wouldn't you be?
The paper edges were distressed using a paper distressing tool, and the "Happy Halloween" is a clear stamp from "My Craft Spot" the stamp set is called "Happy Haunting".
I added this card to My Craft Spot -ribbon challenge this week.
Thank you for stopping by my blog!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Wow that did work great Robin. Going to have to get some foam and try this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute...love the foam cuts !!Thanks for playing along with us this week at My Craft Spot !
    Joy

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog, thank you so much your your kind comments, they make my day!